who does crawford fight next

페이지 정보

작성자 Ewan 댓글 0건 조회 2회 작성일 24-09-21 16:56

본문

It started out as a cautious affair, with both fighters trying to establish position and feel out the other through the first three rounds. That approach did not agree with the capacity crowd at BMO Stadium. Having dealt with blazing temperatures and sunshine for most of the long card at the outdoor home of Major League Soccer team LAFC, they responded with jeers and whistles.

As Mike Tyson strolled onstage, before a scuffle broke out between two boxers in a nearby hallway, everyone joined in a collective hush. The fighter's facial expressions said more than anything they had said for months. They were serious, intense, funeral-adjacent or super-fight ready. You could almost feel the energy emanating from those expressions. It came across, more or less, like it’s … about … to go … down.

The friendship vibes didn’t last long, though. Crawford stalked into T-Mobile Arena as early as he possibly could Saturday afternoon. It was 5 p.m. here and still hot as all hell. Now, boxers but especially the best boxers, the elite boxers, the champions among champions, almost never arrive on time for a bout of such magnitude with three others to be held before they can even walk. I’ve never seen someone arrive exactly on time until Crawford did. And this, from a fighter who routinely nods off when reviewing his own fights on his grandmother’s couch in Omaha, Neb.

Round 1: Bakole looks flabby and Anderson chiseled. Let’s see if it matters. Despite a paunch, Bakole looks quick enough with the jab. Anderson connects with body shots, then snaps back Bakole’s head. Bakole lands a brutal uppercut and drops Anderson with a powerful right! Anderson is up and survives the round. Bakole 10, Anderson 8.

Long before embarking on a road that would lead him to the precipice of boxing immortality, Gervonta Davis was a lost soul roaming the streets of a crime-filled section of West Baltimore, seemingly destined to become another tragic statistic.

"Three-time undisputed champion and the smaller fighter that went up three weight divisions to conquer one of the baddest men — besides himself —that’s been doing it for probably longer than me," Crawford said envisioning what it would mean for his legacy to defeat Alvarez.

A comparison has been made to the August 2019 Vasiliy Lomachenko-Luke Campbell lightweight title bud next fight. Lomachenko defended his IBF and WBO belts and was permitted to fight for—and win—the vacant WBC title. Mikey Garcia was regarded as ‘Champion Emeritus’ at the time and publicly declared that he would campaign at a heavier weight. WBO rankings listed the WBC title as vacant dating back to June 2019 as a result.

On November 16, two-time Lithuanian Olympian Egidijus Kavaliauskas knocked out Roberto Arriaza in the third round of their bout. After the fight, Arum hinted Kavaliauskas would likely challenge Crawford for the WBO welterweight title in early 2019. Kavaliauskas stated he wanted to fight the best in the division and called out Crawford. A week later, it was reported 37 year old, former world champion Luis Collazo (38–7, 20 KOs) was in line to challenge Crawford, in what would be Crawford's first of three bouts in 2019. The fight would main event a Top Rank card on ESPN on March 23, 2019, at Madison Square Garden in New York. Prior to pursuing the fight with Collazo, Carl Moretti told RingTv they offered Danny García a guaranteed $3 million purse to fight Crawford on the same date on ESPN PPV, which would have included a share of the revenue generated. The offer was made to Angel García, who told Moretti he would discuss the offer with Danny, but ultimately never replied to Top Rank's offer. According to Moretti, the offer was made two weeks before García's fight with Adrián Granados was announced.

On August 28, 2024 it was reported that WBO ordered the junior middleweight title fight between Crawford, who at that time held WBA and interim WBO titles, and Sebastian Fundora, who held WBC and WBO titles.

But now, they're set to meet in one of the biggest events the sport can offer, a matchup that will decide supremacy at 147 pounds, and lend the winner a claim as the best boxer in the world regardless of weight. Already, Crawford is ESPN's No. 1 pound-for-pound boxer, with Spence three spots behind him at No. 4.

ANSON WAINWRIGHT: CRAWFORD MD "I go back and forth on this one and change my mind multiple times a day, I don’t know anyone who is confident in their prediction in this fight. It’s the most anticipated fight in boxing for many years and is so evenly poised. Spence figures to have advantages in size and strength, while Crawford may be the more adaptable and creative with his offense. Both are too good not to have moments. However, I feel this may be a high-class chess match for a few rounds with both giving the other different looks. That will allow Crawford to download the necessary data and start to inch ahead, I think Spence comes back at him in the middle-rounds but Crawford will do the better work in the later rounds and edge home by 12-round decision, maybe majority decision."

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.